My first remix, Knuckles Chaotix: Twilight

Speedy_1

well this is my first actual remix from the game knuckles chaotix. Im not 100% done yet and still might add some more to it, but I want to sample it a bit for you guys and ask for some pointers. Thx in advance.

http://www.esnips.com/nsdoc/cdc5b7c8-ada5-4fbc-b09a-cdb029b55070/?id=1200419838046

http://www.esnips.com/doc/cdc5b7c8-ada5-4fbc-b09a-cdb029b55070/Knuckles_Chaotix-_Twilight

Skryp's right. Too much phaser. It's cool to have a phaser on a pad or something, but it's all over on this one. But this is a pretty cool, laidback piece, I like the swing hihats.

The melody is drowning, you could use a more prominent instrument for that, like a pad with shorter attack and release - and no phaser! Better yet, a kind'a soft lead instrument.

But I can hear you're not finished with this. Work on the length and progression of it, tweak settings and try out different instruments for different parts, then start worrying about fixing stuff. Don't forget to come back and show what you've done. :)

i agree with roz and skry, but i think what needs to be observed most is the drum sequencing. It pretty much stays the same throughout the entire piece, and i actually like it, even though its a little confusing to the ear the first time through. I would recommend bringing in another supportive drum sequence to enhance the feel of the swing step. Also, the another thing missing from this piece is a bass line of some sort. Something needs to be backing that synth on the lower frequencies.

Personally i like the phasing, but maybe just turn it down a bit. I wouldnt say completely lose it altogether, because it does make the piece light and airy, which i think is what your going for.

• 1 year later...