I am sitting in a room...

Dafydd

I'm taking this class in computer music and last time I was there they told us about this recording named "I am sitting in a room" (wiki article). I decided to try to do what Alvin Lucier did, but using Reason, and here's the result... try playing an instrument through this. This patch is great for making those F.E.A.R./Homeworld-esque effects.

Also, if anyone can help me adjust the settings on this thing to make it even better, I'd be grateful...

www.ngst.nu/IAmSittingInARoom.cmb [75kB]

Notes: the sound will take a few seconds to go through the 17 reverbs. Watching the volume meters rise after the other is kinda cool though. Damping is mapped to the mod wheel (I ran out of knobs). Dry/Wet should not be set to the max. The compressors are only there to prevent the sound from becoming too loud (try what happens without them if you dare). The maximizer just boosts the volume in case it's too low. I don't really know how either of these work so the settings on them may be crazy, and if so, help me out. The last one of the reverbs is for... reverberation. :razz: