Diddy Kong Racing space medley?

JGVG

Dave Wise can cook up some great soundtracks, and Diddy Kong Racing is another good game with good music. The three space songs include Spaceport Alpha, Star City, and Darkmoon Caverns, and could hold some remixing potential (especially Spaceport Alpha). You could make a medley out of 2 or 3 of them and I think it would sound good as rock, orchestra, or a combination of genres. A few remix names that come to mind include "Monkeys Return to Space!," "Planet of the Chimps," and other corny names like that.

What do you think? The website Galbadia Hotel probably has a DKR soundtrack.

Oh yeah, that's another one I like! I can already hear a loud rock remix of that playing in my head. "For pigs the bell tolls!" *rimshot and booing* For some reason the space songs were the first to come to mind. Maybe all of the track songs could make good remixes.

I should know this, what did you mean by the "jump through a ton of hoops system"? It's been awhile since I played the game. I do remember how I hated trying to control the planes and hovercrafts, and the coin challenges were annoying as anything. One thing I did like was the booster systerm where let go of the A button when you hit a zipper and you would go faster. It was a great feeling.

Sorry for the late reply.

I think the hoops reference meant the "Run this race, then race a boss, then run the silver coin challenges of each race, then rematch the boss, then run each of the races again in the trophy challenge, then do the T.T. challenge for that world. Rinse, repeat 4 more times then unlock Adventure Two, which is mirror imaged tracks and impossible Silver Coin locations... " aspect of DKR (I just played through it earlier this week)

Ah yes, how could I forget all of that. Fun races became difficult torture and you got too much work for too little reward. And I had so much trouble with the race against the octopus and the bubbles I nearly lost my mind. However, I did enjoy searching for the hidden keys in the tracks.

• 6 months later...
Dave Wise can cook up some great soundtracks, and Diddy Kong Racing is another good game with good music. The three space songs include Spaceport Alpha, Star City, and Darkmoon Caverns, and could hold some remixing potential (especially Spaceport Alpha). You could make a medley out of 2 or 3 of them and I think it would sound good as rock, orchestra, or a combination of genres. A few remix names that come to mind include "Monkeys Return to Space!," "Planet of the Chimps," and other corny names like that.

What do you think? The website Galbadia Hotel probably has a DKR soundtrack.

The music in Diddy Kong Racing was indeed really good for it's time and I would just like to see what comes our way with remixes from some soundtracks from the game. I've thought about it and I used to play this game a lot, and I mean A LOT! I must've beaten adventure mode and adventure 2 mode several times over and I always thought that after you collect all the Wizpig medals, and go inside the pigs mouth in the middle of the lagoon, you get to race the infamous villain WIZPIG. I wouldn't hearing something creative using either the space levels or wizpig's theme, or both put together in some way.

...and names that come to my mind randomly might be:

"Spank dat Monkey"

"Lost in Spacedust Monkey Feces"

"Hover Car Rocket Rider"

and "Groom my Furry Heart"