Hitoshi Sakimoto Talks Opoona

Arcubalis

One of his least know projects lately, Hitoshi Sakimoto opens up about the quirky Wii RPG Opoona. For anyone who has played the game, they know the music is fantastic. It's a shame there hasn't been a soundtrack release yet, but perhaps if it sells well here they'll go for it!

Sakimoto provides some pretty thorough answers, and I was really happy with how it came out. What do you guys think?

http://www.music4games.net/Features_Display.aspx?id=219

Really great article, but there were no samples in this one. :( At least the official website had some samples, though, I'm not too impressed. Isn't the battle theme just an arranged version of Sabre Dance?

Sabre Dance

Anyway, I didn't realize that his company created music for Odin Sphere, FFTA2 and Grim Grimoire. Gotta check out those games sometime.

Yeah, sorry about the samples. No soundtrack release for Opoona, so the music isn't readily available. I highly recommend getting ahold of a fan recording though, as the music is awesome! The battle theme is some of the least impressive stuff in the game!

Anyway, I didn't realize that his company created music for Odin Sphere, FFTA2 and Grim Grimoire. Gotta check out those games sometime.

He also did an anime called Romeo X Juliet if you're interested.

I love this piece especially