OCR00937 - Ultima Online "Create Your Fantasy"

djpretzel

I personally like the reverb. It's only slightly too heavy. One of my favorite things to do is to re-listen to tracks I've already heard after turning my Audigy's reverb on, but I can't really do that with this one.

However when my playlist randomly shuffled to this I was pleasantly surprised. One of my favorite melodies from Ultima that I haven't heard in over 10 years. I guess they re-used it in Ultima Online.

• 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...

It's a song played in a completely empty marble hall! Somehow it works though, and i'm groovin to it. Nice builds and some creative sounds used. I also certainly wouldn't think trance while playing Ultima Online, but it fits the genre, and I think the arrangement is great. I do wish at least a few elements would be further forward, but I'd guess that 6 years after the fact, it won't be happening anytime soon. ;-)

Good stuff. :-)

• 3 years later...

Hard to get a trance track like this drastically wrong once you've locked down the staple elements of any good trance productions. I think where this one got slightly unstuck with some people is that the reverb (of which there is a heavy amount of) takes away from the traditional clarity of trance. Not being a big afficianado of the genre myself, it didn't bother me at all.

There's not a whole lot distingushing this from the rest of the pack however. It's not as punchy as I'd like, and there isn't as much of a marriage between the folk origins of the source material and the melodic trance. It doesn't manage to break through the clouds, yet it does manage to entertain while it lasts, which will suffice.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00937 - Ultima Online "Create Your Fantasy"