Actraiser - Birth of People [Metalized]

Shadrock

Hey everyone, this is my first post here, I've been making music and remixing videogame music for a while but never joined this site just kinda lurked and listened to everyone elses stuff. But I just finished another actraiser remix and finally decided to sign up and share some of my songs with you guys. Here is my latest metal remix it's very short but I plan on extending it at a later date and making it a full length track. Hope you like it though, please give me your comments and criticisms!

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/139043

• 4 weeks later...

PRODUCTION

[X] Low-quality samples

[X] Mixing is muddy (eg. too many sounds in the same range)

STRUCTURE

[ ] Lacks coherence overall (no "flow")

[X] Not enough changes in sounds (eg. static texture, not dynamic enough)

[ ] Pace too plodding

[ ] Too repetitive

[X] Too short

[X] Abrupt ending

PERSONAL COMMENTS (positive feedback, specifics on checklist criticisms, any other thoughts)

Rhythm guitar sounds like you used a real guitar, but lead guitar (used for the solos and general melody) sounds very, very, very synthy. Rhythm guitar seems one tracked dead center to me (maybe it's not, but the muddiness of the track seems to indicate that).

Pan your rhythm guitars out, and if your lead guitar isn't synth, try to work on making it sound... not synth. As it is right now I'm 95% certain it's a sample.

Drums sound great (except maybe for cymbals); kick drum sounds great, snare drum is good, etc.

Woodwind instruments at the beginning sound good.

Tune is too short for its own good. With just the few tips above, I think this could be changed from just "okay" to all-out rocking. And it's not hard to just do some panning and re-recording.