A Link to the Past - Funk Shuffle Two Step End Credits?

After you beat Zelda 3, there's a credit reel with a sombre little unique tune that eventually morphs into the Zelda/Link overture. I messed with that, and got this. What I have linked (pun heavily intended, yet barely achieved) is the most polished 2 minutes of the remix. I started out shooting for a funk feel, but ended up with a sort of nervous two-step line dance. I'm not sure if that constitutes an epic fail or serendipity; you tell me.

http://www.lav.wtfpwnt.com/Music/Zelda3credits.mp3

I may finish this possibly maybe someday eventually if I can find a way to end it. Endings are the hardest part of the songwriting process for me. The feedback & help I get here will

probably affect the outcome as well.

Hahah, this is a neat concept. The one thing that's bugging me right now is the amount of reverb--it's a bit overbearing. Also, with your drums, I would shy away from having the ride cymbal going at the same time as your hi hat. Also, the hat sample you have is sticking out a bit too much, especially compared to that snare, which actually sounds pretty good. So bring down the value on the hat, and I think that'll balance out much nicer.

As far as arrangement is concerned, perhaps this is just me but I'd like to hear some more instruments! I think the ideas you have on guitar are really cool, especially with those funky slides. But I'm looking to hear more!

I guess in conclusion my biggest concerns are in your production. Tone down that reverb a bit, don't have ride cym and hi hat playing at the same time, and balance the hi hat into the rest of the drums. You've got some really cool drum writing written, so fixing this stuff up will help emphasis what you've got!

Keep up the good work!