soundfont pack help needed

i know what to do with a soundfont file. it's just when i extract a soundfont pack file to my folder, then look for it in fl, it doesn't show up. can someone tell me what to do with soundfont pack files? thanks.

Are you extracting it to the right place? The SF2 file should go into the folder "C:\Program Files\Image-Line\FL Studio <number>\Data\Patches\Soundfonts. If it's not in there, it won't be detected unless you go through the process of setting a random folder up as a searchable folder for VST plugins, but then you have to click the "refresh folder" button every time you get a new soundfont.

Are you extracting it to the right place? The SF2 file should go into the folder "C:\Program Files\Image-Line\FL Studio <number>\Data\Patches\Soundfonts. If it's not in there, it won't be detected unless you go through the process of setting a random folder up as a searchable folder for VST plugins, but then you have to click the "refresh folder" button every time you get a new soundfont.

yeah, it's just the SFPACK files i'm having trouble with.

Ahhh, I see. Have you used the program "sfArkXTc" to extract the SF2 files from them? Because some of the soundfonts I get in SFPACK format, I extract the SF2 files and still they don't work. I found it likely to be just my computer though, because I haven't heard any other complaints.

Ahhh, I see. Have you used the program "sfArkXTc" to extract the SF2 files from them? Because some of the soundfonts I get in SFPACK format, I extract the SF2 files and still they don't work. I found it likely to be just my computer though, because I haven't heard any other complaints.

thanks for the help