Danny Tenaglia & Celeda - Music is the Answer (fli Remix)

This is a remix I'm doing for the contest over on Beatport and I was looking for last-minute opinions on this. I was basically aiming for somewhere between something for the dancefloor and something for the stereo and I think I may have hit my target. Anyway, any opinions would be nice as the remixes must be submitted by Saturday.

Link: xyqx

0:01-1:00:

Great Stuff here, banging drums and good beat. Only thing I would personally change is the filter/effects you have over the guys voice when he says "If you feel". The current filters you have on it make the voice sound tinny, whiny, and grainy all at the same time. While you may be doing this on purpose, I think it would be better if you made it sound "more tight, wet, and crisp" rather than "dirty/grainy".

1:09

Once again, when he says dancing same filter/effect being used as in 0:01-1:00.

1:55-2:09

I know stylistically you mave have chosen to make the instrument in this part sound dirty/grainy, but I would tone it down just a tad bit. The instrument becomes a little too sharp, and if this were being played on my stereo real loud would hurt my ears. I would tone it down so the sound isnt so sharp, but a little more rounded.

The Song as a whole:

I like, Its nice. I think it starts out really great and the drum line is a good hook, but as the song progresses it becomes dull and tiresome. I think you have alot of great things on througout the song, but there are some quiet parts and transitions that are dragged out too long. My suggestion for you to improve on your song is to keep the best parts of it, but don't be afraid to shorten a few sections here and there.

Just remember this... No matter how good the second half of your song is, it'll never be heard if there isn't a good hook, and the transition are too drawn out.

Just my 2 cents.

~ Cree

The Song as a whole:

I like, Its nice. I think it starts out really great and the drum line is a good hook, but as the song progresses it becomes dull and tiresome. I think you have alot of great things on througout the song, but there are some quiet parts and transitions that are dragged out too long. My suggestion for you to improve on your song is to keep the best parts of it, but don't be afraid to shorten a few sections here and there.

Not completely sure what you're talking about with the "second half" but if you mean once the little electro-ish bassline comes in, that's the whole point. The first 2 minutes are actually just there as placeholders and not meant to be nearly as amazing as the rest of the song, same goes for the last minute or so. The point is that the first 2 minutes are like that so a DJ can mix into it, that's why all of the cooler tricks occur after the first 2 minutes.

First let me say that I really like your song, and I think you've done a superb job on writing it. However, that isn't to say there aren't some areas you could improve on it.

Not completely sure what you're talking about with the "second half" but if you mean once the little electro-ish bassline comes in, that's the whole point. The first 2 minutes are actually just there as placeholders and not meant to be nearly as amazing as the rest of the song, same goes for the last minute or so. The point is that the first 2 minutes are like that so a DJ can mix into it, that's why all of the cooler tricks occur after the first 2 minutes.

What I mean is for someone like me with a low attention span (most of your audience will most likely be the same) I loose interest in your song before the second half of it (despite the 2nd half being pretty good), and I literally had to keep myself from not skipping past the beginning-mid section because I was starting to get bored. For me to be honest I would say to shorten the "place holders", or if you are still planning on keeping them make it interesting enough so that you don't "Loose" your audience before you get to showcase your skills.