*NO* Mega Man Battle Network 'Running Through the Cyber World'

Liontamer

Hi , my name is Anatolii Shipilov

born in Russia [ Cyberia :] now live in Israel

I grown on NES Mega Man games , and i love almost all musics in that game .

i dont played a " Rock Man EXE " in GameBoy but i liked music in that

so i decided to Rmx track that i liked very much . hope u and all listeners like it

Game : Rock Man EXE 1 [ GameBoy Advance ]

Name of Track [ Original ] : Running Through The Cyber World

Composer : Akari Kaida

Remixer : Chosen [ Me :]

my e-mail : dj_plastix@hotmail.com

Thanx

Anatolii

------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully the language barrier here isn't too great.

Keep in mind, you need to name your track something different from the original song. This is support to tribute the source tune, but also stand apart from it due to unique and creative ideas you add. The title's one aspect of that.

http://www.zophar.net/download_file/8211 - (09) "Running Through the Cyber World"

I liked the constant instrumental variation here; it was a good way to personalize the sound of the piece. You were definitely going in the right direction there.

The textures here were decent, but could have been fuller. You had some pads going on in the back that worked well when in play though. The guitar synth sequencing from 1:22 -1:44 was really mechanical-sounding though.

Overall though, the structure was pretty much verbatim with the source tune. You need to vary the structure or interpret the melodies more to make your arrangement stand apart more from the original.

NO

Hmm, original reminds me of stage 2 of Life Force. Not the same composer, I don't think.

The arrangement has too similar a vibe to the original, because a lot of parts from the original are kept intact, particularly the melodies. I did like the instrument changes, but it needs much more than that. Cool lead sound at 1:22 though.

Production is iffy as well. Some of the sounds are not the highest quality, in particular, the violin used at 0:55 and the percussive instrument that begins at 1:35. There's also a lot of stiffness in the way some instruments are used. Finally, there's a little bit of clash between some sounds, like that aforementioned instrument starting at 1:35. You might want to experiment with some different sounds and pick ones with more synergy.

Keep working on getting better, Anatolli. This has room for improvement in writing and production.

NO

the idea you have here is cool cuz it's upbeat, ala mario kart 64 but the execution is where it falls. there isn't much variation from the source outside of the instrumentation and that isn't enough to qualify as arrangement. there are stretches of this where it gets interesting such as the synth guitar as it gives it more teeth but not much.... it really just plays what the synth was playing earlier.

you're still a ways from where you need to be so i suggest you head over to the WIP forums and try and see if you can get some feedback on your track there to help you move forward with it. good luck with your track

NO