N/A

In case people prefer a visual aid, you can also watch the Youtube video of it...here...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HKCgTOgYwlk

But I warn you, the quality isn't as nice for that one as the one on my Myspace. If anyone wants to download it ahead of time, let me know and I'll set up my myspace to allow downloads of the track for a temporary period of time. This song is for a 20th Anniversary Tribute Album to Street Fighter that I and several artists are working on. So I don't want to derail that goal by letting too many people download the tracks before the finalized version of the songs are up for download. Any constructive feedback is welcome. And thank you for listening.

Diggin' the laid back character of the song; rather interesting if you consider the sound of the original song. Arrangementwise, this seems fine to me, though it could use a bit more variation, especially on the second run (from 2:10 on).

The only thing that irks me here are the drums. They have a certain hollow sound to them; I'd rather have 'em fat (without being too loud/in the foreground, since that would ruin the laid back feeling). Also, I like the voice sample.

Thank you for the commentary and the listening. Which drums were you concerned about? The hip hop percussion or the African percussion for the source part of the song? EQing either to sound a little more hearty/meaty will be no problem. Also, I liked the African vocal chant as well. It took a great deal of searching to find it, but it paid off. I'll work on creating a new chord progression to help give the song a little more variation.