Killer Instinct 'Mansion of the Wolf' (Sabrewulf)

Demonstray

I've been working on quite a few remixes, and some of them are turning out pretty bad...so I've decided to post my song Mansion of the Wolf, which I plan to put on a remix album under the artist name Cryosis, to show my overall remixing ability. Hopefully I can get some constructive feedback, and improve a lot.

If anyone would please visit http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I3K3RSI4 for the file, listen to it and give me your opinion, some feedback and suggestions.

It's not supposed to be Techno or anything along those lines, it's supposed to be orchestral with hints of rock/metal (drums, synth). So if you have any ideas as to what I could do to improve on the overall remix in that aspect, I would appreciate it. :smile:

*sigh* Megaupload. More like "Megawait".

Synth organ is waay too loud. Bass needs some EQ, it's a little too prominent in the higher range. Kick is gonna need some processing. Synth lead with glide on is also a bit too loud, tho it doesn't need to be dropped as much as the organ does. Snare is weak, but that could just be the organ overpowering everything. Hihats could be a little softer.

Work on the levels first. If you're unsure about an instrument's levels, drop it to nothing, then slowly raise it until it sounds good.

No comment on source, because I'm lazy.

I just realized, having been making music since 2002, that my skills took a significant step up after a year trying to learn from OCR. Make your album, and listen to it in a year, see how much you'll have improved.

*sigh* Megaupload. More like "Megawait".

Synth organ is waay too loud. Bass needs some EQ, it's a little too prominent in the higher range. Kick is gonna need some processing. Synth lead with glide on is also a bit too loud, tho it doesn't need to be dropped as much as the organ does. Snare is weak, but that could just be the organ overpowering everything. Hihats could be a little softer.

Work on the levels first. If you're unsure about an instrument's levels, drop it to nothing, then slowly raise it until it sounds good.

No comment on source, because I'm lazy.

I just realized, having been making music since 2002, that my skills took a significant step up after a year trying to learn from OCR. Make your album, and listen to it in a year, see how much you'll have improved.

Yeah, MegaUpload does take a long-ass time. I'm sorry it was all I could come up with.

With the kick, do you mean it's too loud or quiet, or that the velocity needs adjustment? Or maybe that I need more, or less of it?

Better. Butthe kick needs more now. Can barely hear it. Organ could still drop a bit. Hihat sounds really mechanical and crashes sound weak. There's also some kind of noise in the bg that's coming from one of the instruments, but I'm not sure what. It's slightly right of center.

I don't like what this sounds like atm. I like what I think you mean to make it, but it's not there yet. Knowing you're gonna have to spend some time writing length for the track, the context might improve this, and production tweaks would improve it further.

Well, one step at a time. Looking forward to hear how this is gonna end up sounding. Good luck.