*NO* Donkey Kong Country 'El Galleon del Cocodrilo'

djpretzel

Wow, some of these sounds really Roland-ish. I mean, really Roland-ish. Like, I seem to recall hearing some of them on my MC-307. Hmmm...

Anyway, the arrangement is mediocre. I'm not sure about it though. I mean, this song is really weird. It merges speed trance with rock (guitars??? Definitely not the greatest samples...) and... I don't know, it's just really confusing.

It's not totally awful, but it really just seems sort of jumbled. The fade-out ending was pretty strange, too. It fades out, but there's an ending there. I CAN HEAR IT! I KNOW IT'S THERE! YOU CAN'T FOOL ME! NYAHAHA!

Well, anyway, I'm going to have to go with my gut feeling on this one and say:

NO

Too much clashing of samples and genres and stuff going on here. It also seems to be a lot like the original... doesn't really bring much to the table in the form of nifty arranging.

At times, this mix has too much moving all at once, so it sounds confused. Is this country, dance or rock? At times you get instruments that come in that don't sound like they are in tune with the rest of the piece. And those guitar samples are really bad.

How come this was faded out when there was an ending there. If you wanted to do that the fade should have been completed before the end of the song, because I can still hear the ending!

NO

this is screaming for a live guitar part. the guitar patch really brings it down.

also theres a marimba solo near the end that is too low, and hits some wrong notes.

also i dont think there's enough variation in the harmony/rythm sections between the different melody lines.

NO

id say find a better lead and resubmit.