Help with equpiment setup

Aight,here's the deal. Having a bit of trouble with some gear. My current setup is Cubase SX3, some VSTs, Reason 4, a MicroKORG, an Access Virus TI Polar, an Alesis Fusion, and a Minimoog Voyager. I know how to set all of those up, and whatnot, MIDI is easy, and as you can imagine, i'm looking to put the synths I spent so much time getting my hands on to good use. I still need an external mixer, and some good monitors. Preferably powered.

the problem is with my sound card.

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Delta1010LT-main.html

No matter how much I read the book, I can't get any noise out of my speakers. The speakers require a single 1/4 jack, and the mixer on the card DOES display sound is being transmitted. I'm kind of stuck here. I just want to know if there is anything I can do here to hear my synths record. I know buying Monitors is an inevitiability but I do not wish to wait a month until then. And my onboard card sucks, and has no MIDI input, nor enough audio inputs for my synths.

Uh......help? :) Also, long time lurker. Love the board.

First step would be to try connecting headphones to your soundcard instead of speakers, to see if that works. If it does, then you know the problem isn't the soundcard.

Then, you want to try a different pair of speakers if at all possible, and/or a different connecting cable. Basically, eliminate as many variables as possible while testing.

this is like the make sure its plugged in step, but you do need to have to set up the audio card in whatever daw your in to output the sound to your card. but it sounds like you know that.

it seems like its your speakers. you do have to take such considerations in as line level to make sure they are getting enough juice. your probably just overlooking something simple.

I do not see any 1/4 inch outs in the diagram. Is it a newer model card?

I notice it does have multiple rca outs on the analog end. Does it have the outs muted or unselected in your audio preferences?

I know these are pretty common problems, but I thought I would try anyway.

have you tried connecting your headphones just to the left channel just to check if you are getting a mono signal?