MIDI channel problem

Hello. I am having a bit of trouble with FL Studio 7.

Basically, I'm trying to use MIDI Yoke as an input to interface with a third party program. All is fine and dandy except for one problem: every channel comes out as the instrument set in the first channel. So say I have a piano set for channel 1, strings set for channel 2, trumpet for channel 3, etc,. they all come out sounding as piano.

I can get it to work perfectly with Sonar, but for some reason I'm having troubles with FL Studio and I can't seem to identify the problem.

Thanks for any help.

Firstly, no DAW's are "better" than others, its all preference and strengths vs. weaknesses and whatnot.

Secondly, FL Studio doesn't ever work on midi channels unless there is a VST loaded in that is meant to. The term channels (referring to the instruments you have loaded) is a little misleading because any midi data inputted into it will all be run through that instrument, no matter which midi channel it's on. (I think you might be able to do a workaround though) The way that you can play with the different instruments is to simply click the little LED too the right of that channel, this selects it and routes the midi to that channel now. I'd also recommend simply saving the midi in midi yoke, then importing it into FL Studio, it will make things less complicated.

Secondly, FL Studio doesn't ever work on midi channels unless there is a VST loaded in that is meant to.

hmm. Well, I am using a VST that should route the instruments you load into it to a designated MIDI channel. Like I mentioned before, I can get this to work fine in Sonar and in the stand alone app, but FL Studio is giving me trouble.