*WITHDRAWN* Lemmings (Gen) 'Lemmings Sing'

Malcos

i'd like to hear this without the pitch shift on the vocals.. because it sounds like it would be cool without it.

as it is, the pitch shift makes the vocals completely unintelligible and annoying, especially with the weird artifacts introduced by the pitch shifting, or perhaps the original recording just wasn't ideal. i'm not sure.

however i'm guessing the purpose of the shifting is because it's supposed to sound like a lemming is singing? maybe you could find some software to instead of changing the pitch of the vocals, change the chromatic formants slightly, which would still give it a unnaturally high voice sound, while maintaining the character of the vocalist.

everything else was pretty cool, i like the piano part and the strings, percussion is fine. the bass could be more potent, try boosting the low end around 75hz or so a bit?

post a version without the pitch shift.

I can't remember what the song is called, but my friend recently brought out his Megadrive and Lemmings, and suddenly I remembered this tune.

I sang the song, then pitch shifted the vocals up one octave. Of course, by doing this my voice is completely unrecognisable, and unfortunately, I didn't realise that it would render the lyrics unintelligible. There was also primarily a lot of sibilance on the vocals, which I tried to eq out. A failed experiment.