Reason Midi export problems

WillRock

N00b question here lol:

I use reason 3.0 and whenever export a midi of a reason file I have created, It always plays all my indiviual instruments as the first midi instrument - acoustic piano, when I play it back in a media player (itunes etc), including my drum part, which gets annoying.

In older programmes I used, the midi file I created played each instrument as its original instument sound (for example if I made an organ piece in say cubase and exported a midi file, it played back the instrument as an organ, but reason plays it back as a piano)

So how do I assign each instrument its original sound in the midi file in reason and not a piano?

Thanks.

I've never really used reason, but it sounds like it's exporting them all on the same midi channel, did you make the song using midi outs in reason? If you didn't use midi outs, it'll assume they're all channel 1. Try changing the instruments to midi related ones and set the channels to what you want.