OCRWiki?

Zephyr

I looked around a bit and realize that OCR doesn't have a wiki, now I don't know the first thing about how to start or run a wiki, but I do know that if one did get started I would probably find the time to contribute a good amount of material to it, nothing fancy, just descriptions of what midi really is and maybe a page about DAWs or simple synthesis or something. A wiki like that would really help cut down on the amount of clueless beginners we have walking in here, plus it would be a good place to keep track of lists of DAWs with links to demos and such, also with links to soundfont pages and all sorts of other usefull stuff.

Really just a pipe dream... but I think it would be cool and a lot of sites are doing it these days.

On second thought this probably should have gone somewhere else, but it's too late now...

It's been brought up before. There are sites better suited to that sort of thing.

Also, you're probably wrong about it helping cut down on beginner threads. We have plenty of guides and stickies to help beginners but we still get threads that equate to "how do I remix?" The guides, stickies, wikis etc.. aren't as useful as you'd think:

People come to a forum for a 2 way channel of communication. Help that is suited to the individual.

And that's the best thing we can offer.