*NO* Mega Man 3 'Spark Man Hyped Up'

djpretzel

Mr. Pretzel,

I recently submitted a remix to you (past week), but the download was difficult to find and the ID3/filenames were terribly mangled in the upload. Here's a much cleaner version which I've provided for your convenience in the meantime:

The ID3 info -just in case-:

Title: Spark Man HypedUp OC ReMix

Artist: Eric L.

Year: 2003

Genre: Mega Man III - Capcom

Credit to "Eric L." for the remix please.

Hopefully this link will work better for you. Thanks for your time and consideration!

-Eric L.

you wimped out. at 0:56. The tough chord progression (O GNO!) comes in and you left it dry. tsk tsk. Oh, but you took a shot at it the second time around. But man... liberties have certainly been taken. Not to mention the ending is kind of... well, reminds me of the second death star. Pieces just hanging out there, metal beams sticking out with that unfinished look to it. If you can imagine that in a musical sense, that's what this song sounds like at the end. I dunno. I think this could be filled out more than it is. And the standard pluck-synth gets old pretty quickly. Maybe I'm a bit biased because I love this particular tune, but if anything that will just make me judge it more critically. So:

NO

D

The part at 0:56 is on a completely different key than the rest of the song.

For a song that follows the original melody nearly exactly, save for the bass line and such, I'd expect at least the melody was correct.

Interesting effect at 2:00, but it doesnt really cover for the lack of melodic strength this song seems to have.

Work on the melodic aspects of the song. It was a nice idea.

NO

exactly what Dan said.

much of this mix is a naked melody. and a wobbly lead that gets really irritating.

on the rare occasions where there is some semblance of harmony, (a half-note bassline, most often) the harmony is butchered.

there's really just not much here, and what's here is just...wrong.

NO

I think this should have gotten the letter.

• 2 weeks later...