Need help desperately with MS Project

zircon

I created a project with 33 tasks, a calendar, gantt chart, and network diagram. However, I want to create a work breakdown structure like this:

diagram9.gif

And cannot figure out how.

Additionally, even when I set the "current date" of my project (to some date after the start date) & change the task completion percentages, while the Gantt chart updates I can't get the network diagram to. The es/ef/ls/lf times are all the same as they were before, which is useless. IE. If I say a task is 20% completed that should have been done a week ago, it shouldn't still be listed as on-schedule!

HELP!

Though I have no idea what you're talking about, I will try it out on the computer I have in the lab. So far, I hear that MS Project is one of those apps that is very useful once you learn how to use it. Conditional: once you learn how to use it. Anyway, yeah. We'll see how that turns out. I'm supposed to be doing hardcore research now. I'll let you know if I find the time to do it.

I don't have a copy of MS Project, but on OpenProj my WBS automatically was created like what you have shown when I input the hierarchy. In order to make it show up like that, I made the successive tasks dependent on each other going down the chain; I've attached a .xml export of the test project I created if you want to import it into MS Project and see what I've done. I will double-check with MS Project when I get into the lab this afternoon. As to your other problem, I'll have to wait until I can access MS Project to experiment with that.

hierarchypa6.jpg

Test Project (FileFactory)