*NO* Banjo-Tooie 'Ska Mine'

djpretzel

Hi! I've just finished my first OCR submission, I hope you like it. First of all I'll give you my bio stuff, then the song. ;)

Name: KVMike

Email: mike@mike-stuff.co.uk

The song:

Game: Banjo-Tooie (N64)

Title: Ska Mine

Description: This is a ska remix of the Glitter Gulch Mine song.

Length: 1:13

Size: 1.12MB (128kb/s)

Again, I hope you like it, I worked very hard on it. :D

~Mike

Thanks for submitting something small enough to reasonably download with the wonderful one rupee per minute dial-up here in the land of cobras and cows.

Ok, this is really short, even for what’s supposed to be ska. Haven’t heard the original, so if this is an mp3 copy, midi rip, or just plain note-for-note, then I’m probably wasting my time, but whatever. What little arrangement there is contains a slightly catchy, albeit very repetitive tune playing on a really well-varied array of instruments. I guess that’s ska enough. Some annoyances are the out-of-tune pick acoustic, overpowered strings, simple harmony… well, nice bends on the electric guitar. Great instrumentation, melodically catchy, but an extremely repetitive progression that only swaps leads, especially unforgiving given that this is only a minute-some long.

My one-year old cousin likes it, but that unfortunately is not a valid verdict :(

NO