POSTAL 2 - "SuperCaliFragilisticExpialiMASOCHIST"

N-JekteD

Hi All!

A little while ago I posted a metal/prog remix of a few Doom tunes that some people seemed to enjoy. Since then, I've been really busy and have found it difficult to find the time to put something new together.

Well, after a bit of a hiatus, I've decided to upload a second remix! However, this time I've decided to do something a little different: Instead of choosing to remix a track or two from the game's soundtrack, I've decided to incorporate a bunch of different chants, reactions and sounds from the game into one big, angry track that hopefully sums up the chaos from Running With Scissors' 2002 PC game, "Postal 2".

STRONG LANGUAGE AND CONTENT WARNING!!!

Postal 2 - "SuperCaliFragilisticExpialiMASOCHIST"

The remix starts with the Postal Dude trying to relax in his trailer by sitting back with a beer and listening to the radio. But then, his relaxation is disturbed once he hears the sound of distant Police sirens heading his way (:00 - :40). Now, the Postal Dude isn't someone who's going to give himself up easily, so he readies himself and enters into a battle with the Police which I've represented with a big, heavy, angry beat with lots of guitars and big percussion (:41 - 1:13). From here, we take a trip into the mind of the Postal Dude and this section represents his psychological torment, internal anger and disregard for the world around him. In this section, I've combined ominous western-inspired guitars with samples from the game and other dissonant sounds (1:13 - 2:36). After we peer into the demented head of the Postal Dude, a reprise of the original angry theme occurs where I've combined chants and other samples from the game to further demonstrate the violence and brutality of the Postal Dude (2:46 - 3:40). The track ends on a disturbing note with another sound design scene that best to be heard...and not described.

But then all the puppies and bunnies come out and play merrily under the rainbow.

I've submitted it to the wonderful judges, but Larry and the guys are extremely busy so I wanted to share this with you all beforehand.

Enjoy!

This is a really cool, unique track but I'm not sure if the judges would like the fact that its not a specific tune from the game.

Because of the nature of the track the production seems strained at times during the hardcore parts but its pretty solid overall I think. Good luck either way

Title = win.

I like it, but I only played the first Postal. Can't give feedback about if there's any source or just a fun sample medley.

I don't know if it's going to pass only because of the nature of the samples used, but even if it doesn't, I'm still impressed. Good luck.