Liontamer

DJ eklöf

Journey to silius

level1

I was bored so I made the ultimate remix of this track

----------------------------------------------------------------

Gotta give that mix a name, bro.

http://www.zophar.net/download_file/9041 - Track 3

The arrangement ideas are alright, but this was mixed way too hot. The chiptune section was particularly grating. You've got to tone down the volume/compression on this a bit.

Aside from that, you had some melodic/rhythmic variations going on, but they weren't particularly interesting within this genre adaptation. What's in place there is OK, and not TOO cover-ish, but you can take the creativity and personalization further, IMO.

NO

• 4 weeks later...

I've liked what I've heard of this soundtrack. Gotta get around to playing the damn game.

Holy crap dude, you trying to make me deaf? This was way too compressed, loud, and distorted. Once I got past that, there were a few arrangement ideas I liked. The schaffel-like beat towards the end was a cool twist, and the breakdowns and filtered segues were interesting. A large chunk of it is too generic though, just the original melodies with an octave bass and a repeating drum pattern. I think it needs some more countermelodies and variations in melody in those sections, something to play off the original song more. This needs some work, I'm afraid.

NO

I'm sure someone will be tempted to start a thread on my unprofessionalism because of this next remark, but I'm going to say it anyway.

Seriously man? You didn't happen to notice that the volume was clipping across international boundaries? Music is not supposed to be this loud. I mean, honestly. It feels like I just stuck my head inside a nuclear reactor.

CLIPPINGOUTTHEBUM.jpg

The reason I'm being so harsh is that honestly, it's excessively difficult to even properly evaluate this track in this form. Even turning down the volume, it doesn't *fix* it. Waaaaay too hot bro. Try to watch your levels a bit more in the future. That red line is not a good thing.

Anyway, I'm not trying to sound like I'm throwing hate at you, I'm just trying to make it clear to be on the lookout for obvious mistakes like that, it'll save you and us some time in the future. And you'll piss off less of your listeners too, because you won't blow up their systems (or damage their hearing) whenever they try to play your stuff.

Overall, this is pretty generic sounding. It's not quite a cover, and slightly more than a sound "upgrade", but at the same time, there's nothing tremendously interesting going on. And if there is/was, again, it's drowned out by the abrasiveness of the mix. Very shrill and distorted and grating.

There's nothing wrong with heavy trance/dance mixes, but you've got to maintain control, and again, by OCR standards, we like it when you deviate and show a bit more progression in the track.

Better luck in the future.

NO