Guitar Rig question

I got the software only version of Guitar Rig. I previously bought the Line 6 Gearbox and have the Toneport that came with it. Could I use the Toneport with Guitar Rig as opposed to the controller that it's suppose to come with?

scratch that! I got it to work! but the latency is horrid! Anyway to make it better?

• 3 weeks later...

I hope it's not too late to bring help, but make sure you select "asio toneport xx" as your sound device, since anything else is gonna give you unbearable latency. I use mine (Toneport GX) with cubase sx3 and the lag is barely noticeable, plus, Cubase compensates it, so make sure you select your appropiate device!

having a dedicated soundcard can fix latency issues, but it's also a programming issue that guitar rig has had for a long time. there are soundcards that are designed for dumping midi/audio data directly into the pci bus rather than having it go through the usb bridge before it gets there, which can help with latency a LOT.

hy bound should know about the superfast computer, considering i built him a beast =)

Indeed, my computer has no problem running several projects when one of them would severely destroy my old computer. So it was definitely the fact that I am severely retarded and had the input on Guitar Rig set to 1100 samples in latency. Runs perfectly fast now.

However, I have noticed that when I export whatever has guitar rig in a chain, it comes out with a 80 ms or so lag in the actual waveform. Its annoying having to go back and time-correct all of my guitar rig samples.