*NO* Chrono Trigger 'Evil Refactory' *FT*

Israfel

Hi there Israfel. I'm new to this whole fallthrough thing...but hopefully it makes the nine months I've been waiting disappear.

I don't even remember when I submitted this track, but the details are:

Name: Chrono Trigger - Evil Refactory (OCRemix)

Remixer: Blak_Omen

File: This.

If neither of those work, please contact me again, preferably through PM and I'll find some other hosting method or some solution.

Information: This song started out as an industrial experimental thing, but turned into the remix you see here. I tried to keep the tone of the original song, kinda evil, very "tribal" and raw, but yet take it into a different setting, in this case a technological one. Experimented a lot with sounds and generally had a lot of fun creating this tune. (Originally Burn, Bobonga! from Chrono Trigger)

Thank you very much Israfel...hopefully this will be my first (hurrah!) OCRemix.

• 2 weeks later...

good tribal percussion. the drumkit is ok, that's the NSbigkit ain't it? then we get a synth kit later. that's interesting, we go through 3 very different kinds of percussion.

then things get very sparse like vig said.. all the synth sounds are very thin and dry. i like the bandpassed piano that comes in later, that's a cool section, and it even develops fairly well. i also like at 3:00ish when everthing builds up and comes together.

the ending is, well,... whatever.

maybe it's just my nasty headache, but overall i feel the good does not outweigh the bad. there are a few good ideas here, but the execution sounds and feels amatuerish. this didn't offer me (the listener) much.

no

edit: i forgot to mention that there's a few points where this clips. please pay closer attention to your levels in the future.

LoL. Your refactory period is the amount of time it takes you to "recharge" after each orgasm in order to have another. tee hee.

Aaaaaaanyways--

First Impressions:

Ooo... I like the druming. You can never have enough bass surging through the desk.

Hmm... Vigi might be on to something. There is intentional chaos, and then there is chaos that tries to be intentional, but comes across as sloppy. I'm afraid this might be the latter. Intentional chaos has the benefit of landing on 16ths or 32nds, it gives the illusion if misplacement, when in fact, it is meticulously placed. This just gives off an air of, "Snip snip here, paste paste there". Also, it really is kind of structureless

But -1:12 is pretty sweet. If there were a more direct and pleasing way to get from -4:16 to -1:12, this would be a very nice mix. But as it stands, it's like you using a squiggle to connect two points on a globe.

Lasting Impressions:

I'd say the meat of the piece is at -1:12. Give the audience something to hold on to up until that point. In other words, give them a reason to stay. The chaotic nature of the piece, while admirable, can be done alot better. Right now its not coming off as well as it could.

Find out a way to connect point A (beginning) with point B (-1:12) in a captivating way, and you've got yourself a yes.

But until then. NO

some interesting stuff. Some disjointed and weird stuff. Some stuff that makes you go "why here and now??" I think the problem is there is some really neat material here and then there is some stuff in between that just seems like an excuse to take up space and make the song longer but with no real function as actual song material. That seems to be the major problem. Some of the material is catchy though. Maybe weed out some of the other stuff? I dunno. For now, my gut says:

NO

D