*NO* Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 'Final Hour Fatal Error'

djpretzel

We all know that your YES is worthless after inflation. I think this needs some sonic cleaning. The volume seems to be outside of the spectrum continuously. Considering what carries this song is the beat and the chords from the original, it's hard to justify a Yes with this. though at 2:06 it reminds me of DKC. And that bell IS awful sounding along with those chords. Hmm. I'm gonna abstain from this one for a while because I'm biased towards the song. And while I'd like to hear a version of this track on the main page, I think I'd like to hear a LOT of creativity with it, since there's so little to work with to begin with.

So.

Without further ado:

The NO

D

Majora's Mask... the original --24--

First Impression:

There seems to be some odd eq'ing. The hierarchy of instruments is there, but it's more of a sand-blasting effect. Instruments are overpowering each other, especially the strings. And whatever that hornet/bee synth is that vibrates with the string is very distracting.

I must agree with my compatriots about that bell. It's as awkward as taking your mother to prom... then totally necking with her during, "Hungry Like the Wolf".

Dood -- ur mom is totally teh bell

Lasting Impression:

It needs alot of love in the equalizing department. The bell either needs to go, or it needs to be quantified perfectly to a beat. Remember: good ideas must be implimented well in order to remain good ideas. I myself am a bellophile, so I won't deny you the pleasures of ringin' it up. I will ask, however, that you take much more care in the macro level of your pieces: volume stability, overall flow, instrument choice, tempo cohesion, etc.

No