*NO* Chrono Trigger 'Janus'

djpretzel

Hi David. I have a site up where I put various things I

create (music, paintings, sketches, etc). I received a comment

on my site this week suggesting that I submit a remix of a chrono

trigger song that I did a while back to OCR. So here ya go...

Here's a direct link to the song:

A link to the page where I posted that song and received the

comment:

And the link to my site:

http://www.pushby.com/dave

I record under the name "Mortal Moss" and am a co-founder of

an art and technology collective named "Pushby" based in San

Francisco. If you like the song feel free to add it to you great

collection on OCR.

Let me know if you need any other info.

take care,

-dave

schala. okay.

the initial synth is up there amongst the most irritating sounds i've ever heard.

the percussion is done well, the dynamics on the whole are pretty good, but this mix is very straight-forward. it has nthing unique compared to the other schala mixes that come thru here, except that synth, which makes this a

NO

Schala? Wonderful! The world needs more!

First Impressions:

That first synth. Right out the gate, I'm not feelin' it. (that's ghetto-speak for I don't gel well with it)

But I am liking it once it takes off with a few more synths. It actually kind of works. like around -1:38. It has a very nice rough on one side, smooth on the other texture... like a first kiss (aww... keep it in your damn pants Wingless)

And then it just kinda... goes limp... flaccid even. Probably the most imasculating way to end a song.

Lasting Impression:

Some interesting, and by interesting I mean intruiging, synth work. It sounds very new-agy which I like alot. However, it doesn't really go places, and eventually, it ends up just kinda falling down like Saddam's statue. Real awkward.

I'd say, play around more with the new age sound. Really plot out where you want this song to go and what you want it to say. And work on that ending. After a play, most people only remember the last scene.

No