*NO* Final Fantasy 4 'Four Fantasies'

djpretzel

This mix had the spirit and some real good sound samples, but...

but...

The entire song has some serious chord/key issues. There is a great deal of off notes and bad chords. The entire song just constantly hit at me with the wrong notes in every section.

I would really like to hear this song resubmitted with all the off notes and chords fixed and perhaps a better intro and ending. The ending was extremely abrupt and inconclusive.

NO

Volume level is very low starting off. Let's turn it up so I can actually hear this thing.

Hmm... strange harmonies. Focusing on development instead of content, the progression is meandering in nature, without any clear structure. That'd be fine for the style, but the movement and order is also spastic in such a manner that I can barely recognize the themes that the medley is playing upon.

I've labored in thought over this for a while. The performance is excellent, but the composition confounds me. I'm very uneasy of these arbitrarily discordant chords, aside from the issues of cohesion.

NO

First, the volume level is way too low.

this is very well played, and the piano sounds wonderful.

the problem, i think, is not in the harmony, but the structure. the unconventional harmonies didnt bother me at all.

the playing sounds vaguely like keith jarrett. and while you are obvously a strong piano player, as far as improvised structure, keith jarrett you aint. this doesnt escalate, it doesnt even flow. work on continuity. great playing, tho.

NO

I'm pretty much with Vig on this one.

I loved the harmonies and the unconventional nature of the interpretation- however the piece doesn't flow well or gain any momentum. As a result, this piece just *feels* long.

And, personally, the piano playing didn't do much for me. To me this sounds sequenced rather than performed (I don't know which was actually done). - The playing felt rather mechanical- maybe that's due to the performance/sequencing or maybe it's just the sample being used- but in any cause, I never felt in any real emotion and as such the mix just didn't hold my interest.

NO