Friday Night Compo

Dyne

Hrmm... OHC on Friday anyone? No offence but it's almost identical but with less time to finish up and on a night when most people are busy, the night right after the OHC.I don't know how well this is gonna go, I love the OHC, but I'm busy on Fridays.

Oh right. So one person. Yeah. Forget it, it's deleted. Thanks.

Too bad it didn't work but maybe you could try one with a different concept.

For example: A synthesis and sound design compo where you give them certain criteria at the start of the hour and they need to design a synth patch around it. One could be: Lead>Drive>Portamento. Or maybe "Make an 8-bit pad". People would work on it for the hour then get 5 minutes to record a short synth line, 5 minutes to render, and 10 for uploading. Maybe you could do some where you're limited to a certain synth (pref. free) like synth1, allowing FX could make for some really interesting sounds too.

Or maybe a 1 hour compo where you give them a 4 bar midi composition and they have to remix it and do whatever they can in just that one hour with that source, they could be free to expand on it in any way they want too, or change genres altogether.

The only compo I've done so far was an old OHC where we took a MIDI file Xerol gave and remixed it.

I really like both your ideas; it still might be much for people to try for two compos in a week. Maybe some kind of alternating schedule with the OHC (i.e. every 3rd week is synth/sound design week, every 3rd week is composition week, and every 3rd week is remix week)?