*NO* Final Fantasy 5 'Sealed Away' *FT*

Malcos

hi, i submitted a remix a couple months ago, and protricity told me i could do this after waiting a couple months, so i hope its not to soon to pm you.

ok so my remix "Sealed Away" is from final fantasy 5

and it can be found at

i think there was one part fo the ID3 tag not filled out correctly, but as i dont have access to the account anymore, i cant change it, sorry.

also i was wondering if you could change the email address on my little remixer/artist page thingy to djsiamey@hotmail.com, (if its not to much trouble) cause i switched to that one.

thanks for your time, keep up the good work

-heath morris aka DJ Siamey

Pretty good mix, but not so good mixing.

The arrangement and movement is good, and it does have momentum. Unfortunately I find the kick drum in the beginning to be too loud, as well as the main sawtooth, which had so much delay on it it just saturated the whole thing for that part.

At 3.35, a section starts where there is a note at the beginning of every bar, and it just doesn't seem to fit in. The song also ended on a low imo. The last section definitely puts this mix down.

NO

I have to agree with Fresh Young Malci-bee (Perfect Strangers... hey, remember the 90's?). The main lead's delay and high-pitch make it somewhere between annoying and grating.

But I do enjoy alot of the design choices made. Yes it is yet another techo Phat B33TZ piece, but I think it zigs where are more typical (read: infamous) pieces zag. The choices made, or rather, the choices not made, make this piece stand out above what I consider our typically lamented techno piece.

But yeah, ends flaccid. Really not the way to go on such a thickly timbred song.

NO

this is an okay mix. the sound is interesting, we dont hear it too often, but the arrangement is average at best. it doestn build too much, and the harmonies are sparse and akward. pretty borderline.

for me, the ending ruined it. i'm done tolerating bad endings on otherwise decent mixes.

put a better ending on it and i will be more conflicted. but now, it's definately a NO