Seiken Densetsu 3's "The Secret of Mana"

SlapMagik

Hey team, I have been surfing this amazing site for a couple of years now and I just finally now decided to register as a member.

I have been working on a remix on Seiken Densetsu's (3) "The Secret of Mana" for a couple of months now (I had some bumps in the middle, mainly software related) and I still don't feel like its a finished piece. Unfortunately I have been given feedback from only one person, and he is the reason i got started on this remix, thanks to him I have had a lot of fun working on it as my first remix to be in progress, he really enjoys listening to it, but I want it to be enjoyable to others as well.

The link is at the bottom, and I do hope to hear some useful feedback, it will mean a lot to me. Thank You.

--

WIP 2 Notes:

New intro, simulated Electric bass, new synth solo (4:07)

goal(s) after WIP 2:

build a more sophisticated synth solo (WIP 2 is pretty pitch happy),

Guilty Obsession (The Secret of Mana)

WIP 1 - March 11th, 2009

WIP 2 - March 12th, 2009

edit* - Track Updates

The intro synth is pretty dire, it must be said, but that initial impression was lifted when the mix started a proper! I love the drum track very awesome.

The leads and other parts of the mix are quite good too, though perhaps a little indistinct and lost in the mix, but there's definitely potential here. Altogether, the mixing is a little muddy, and it seems light on bass. The change at the end is also very, very cool.

Haven't heard the original, since I'm not too much of an RPG gamer, but this sounds great. A fair amount of work to do on this, mainly balance and mixing issues, but keep at it... this is quite good so far :D

The intro synth is pretty dire, it must be said, but that initial impression was lifted when the mix started a proper! I love the drum track very awesome.

The leads and other parts of the mix are quite good too, though perhaps a little indistinct and lost in the mix, but there's definitely potential here. Altogether, the mixing is a little muddy, and it seems light on bass. The change at the end is also very, very cool.

Haven't heard the original, since I'm not too much of an RPG gamer, but this sounds great. A fair amount of work to do on this, mainly balance and mixing issues, but keep at it... this is quite good so far :D

ha yeah i am pretty intimidated by the intro synth, to be honest I haven't had any luck on loud songs as for when it comes for a good intro, plus the distorted guitar track just makes me want to pull my hair, it just sounds way to stiff or robotic and i have been trying to manipulate the score to give it a little bit more swing but nothing smooth quite yet.

but thanks for putting down the time to put up your thoughts about it, i had to hear somebody's else thoughts other than my friends who are afraid to be honest with me, plus i rather get the input from someone who is experienced with DAWs remixing in general.

by the way, i just heard your Mega Man mix, I tell ya, its very good