Gauntlet Scherzo

Gorgonian14

A hopefully exciting setting of one of the cutesy themes from the original Gauntlet. I made a crappy arrangement of this when I was first starting out, but it was pretty boring and uninspired, plus nooberific, so it just sat there. Hopefully I've learned a little since then.

Here is the beginning. Obviously this isn't the whole thing yet.

http://pwatts14.googlepages.com/gauntlet-scherzo-2.mp3

I think its heading in a good direction, but i do have a couple comments.

I'm not sure if your going for the classic 16-bit sound with this or not, but I think adding some stronger sounding drums might give the track some more power and emotion to it. And seeing as how you only have a bass drum and cymbals, you can use something like a concert drum.

Overall though, the arrangement is very good and all the instruments shine through. What do you use for your recording needs? Programs, instruments, etc.

I think its heading in a good direction, but i do have a couple comments.

I'm not sure if your going for the classic 16-bit sound with this or not, but I think adding some stronger sounding drums might give the track some more power and emotion to it. And seeing as how you only have a bass drum and cymbals, you can use something like a concert drum.

Overall though, the arrangement is very good and all the instruments shine through. What do you use for your recording needs? Programs, instruments, etc.

Yeah I've been considering adding some more percussion. I probably will.

I use FL Studio 8 and Garritan Personal Orchestra and a few strategic soundfonts.