Jump to content

OCR01077 - *YES* Wizards & Warriors 2 + Double Dragon 3 'Inquisition'


djpretzel
 Share

Recommended Posts

Not sure relative to the source material what's going on here arrangement-wise - djp

Hello,

i did a song a while back with some parts 'borrowed' from Wizards and Warriors II and Double Dragon 3...it was pretty much a experiment from back in the day.

Here's the url:

Enjoy it,

all the best

Todd D. Goldfinger

Link to comment
Share on other sites

this mix is very trebly. it could use some beef in the low end. but the playing is pretty good, and the arrangement isnt bad. i'd also like to hear some reverb.

i'm also not familiar with the source material. i'm leaning towards a yes, but i want to hear someone tell me that the incorporation and arrangement of original material is reasonable.

fair enough. YES

Link to comment
Share on other sites

yeah, this is pretty neat, if not a little dry, like an overcooked turkey.

I mean, you still eat the turkey, but you have to chew alot and drink more

tea.

Going on 2 minutes now, and I still feel like we're missing some sort of a

lead. I mean it sounds good as a background rock track, but it sounds

like it wants to be the center of attention.. and center stage all I'm

hearing is a spot light on a hole. That solo at 2:30ish fills in what I was

listening for, but then it's gone and we're back to more of the same old.

The back end is more full with the lead, but that opening theme just

didn't hold it for me, but in the grandscheme of things it's enjoyable.

About 30% of this track left me bored, but the other 70% was fun.

YES

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tea and turkey?! WUT? :evil:

Not much else to say that everybody else hasn't covered. Very nice sounds all around. Makes me remember my old garage band days... such as they were.

My only real opinion is that, MM mentioned this song has a dry texture to it. While I agree completely, I almost think this works to the song's advantage. It makes it feel a little more believable, like it is fully and completely live. Again, it's just opinion... maybe even conjecture, but since this song is destined for front-pageness, it really doesn't matter either way.

YES

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...