Donate your music and sound effects to a worthy cause :)

lendrick

Greets!

I'm in the process of putting together a website that is intended to serve as an archive of quality art, music, and sound effects that are available under a GPL-compatible licenses (including several Creative Commons licenses) so that open source game developers can make use of it. If this sounds like a cool idea and you happen to have old music, sound effects, or art gathering dust on your hard drive, please consider uploading it to the archive -- particularly if it's something that won't otherwise see the light of day.

We're still in beta and looking for some usability feedback, so if you run into any problems or find anything annoying, please reply here and let me know.

The site is here:

http://opengameart.org

Drop by, poke around, and, if you're up to it, donate some content. :)

Peace,

Bart

Well I had a bunch of old SFX I created years past I was going to upload, but could not find them.

I uploaded some drum-like samples I created a while back. Maybe more musical than SFX, but they might be useful for someone.

I just checked out the samples you uploaded. They're quite excellent, and I'll do my best to put them up on the site sometime tonight or tomorrow. It's kind of a labor intensive process at the moment, unzipping archives and adding the files individually, but I have an idea of how I might speed the process up a bit, so I'm going to have to do some coding. :)

Thanks a lot for the help!

Peace,

Bart

Hey, kudos for the site, I appreciate the mission. :) Be sure to check out lostgarden.com, danc has a bunch of spiffy-looking graphics packs under CC you're allowed to redistribute (as long as you link back to lostgarden) and I'm also sure he'd be happy to hear about your site.

--Eino

Wow, that's some awesome stuff on there, and the licensing is exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks a lot for the tip -- I'll grab that art shortly. :)