Old school techno? whatever.

http://soulinether.net/chillin03.mp3 (edit: disregard the title. it's there for historical purposes, and it doesn't really reflect the song anymore)

so I thought to myself, "This synth sounds cool", and then I wrote a somewhat-old-school-sounding techno track to it (80s? I'm not sure.)

I think I was inspired by the chord progression of IceCap, and melodically by whatever i was feeling.

Everything done in Reaper (I might have to pay for this program lol)

My own crits are: especially at the end, I think the piano could stand more reverb. Perhaps lo-fi the piano at some point.

I'm still working out the instrumentation and mastering, this was just largely a massive exercise in composition, production and theory. I don't even know if I was original with this (I think so?)..

..but tell me what you think, what you think could use some work, what is weak. I will probably be doing some tweaking to it but largely it's just my first endeavor and eventually I will just leave it behind.