Simon's Theme From Castlevania IV

JustinC721

I made both of these about a year ago. But I got sidetracked so I never finished them

It seems some of the bass has been lost with MP3 compression :( I'm not sure what to do about this.

The first version is short, and brief at under two minutes long.

The second version is more progressive, and about 4 minutes.

I though that the first version sound too much like "Mighty Bosstones" so I reduced the brass so it would blend with the string ensemble.

I also tried merging in "Vamire Killer" in the end, I don't know if that turned out too well.

Version 1

Version 2

In case you haven't noticed. I'm going for an orchestrated sound. So I could use ideas for percussion.

Is your goal to create OCR-standard remixes? Or are you aiming for a cover? Right now, what you have sounds more like a cover, and the second version strikes me more as a medley of sorts.

How did you create these? Did you use a DAW or like a keyboard? If you used a keyboard (which, because of the sound quality of the instruments, i'm inclined to thinking is the case), I can't give you very constructive critiques on sound quality beyond... use a DAW. You get so much better control over... everything.

As far as the arrangement goes, from what I remember this theme to be, it seems mostly vacant. Like I said, it sounds like a cover, which can be fine if that's your goal. But OCR doesn't do covers...

Is your goal to create OCR-standard remixes? Or are you aiming for a cover? Right now, what you have sounds more like a cover, and the second version strikes me more as a medley of sorts.

How did you create these? Did you use a DAW or like a keyboard? If you used a keyboard (which, because of the sound quality of the instruments, i'm inclined to thinking is the case), I can't give you very constructive critiques on sound quality beyond... use a DAW. You get so much better control over... everything.

As far as the arrangement goes, from what I remember this theme to be, it seems mostly vacant. Like I said, it sounds like a cover, which can be fine if that's your goal. But OCR doesn't do covers...

It's a keyboard. It is more of a cover though. I do have some control, but I'm more limitied by my playing ability. I've been playing for 2 years, and I cheat sometimes with stacatto, by disabling touch sensitivity, which is why some parts don't sound as natural as others.

So are you saying the sound quality was bad?