Who wants drum samples? (aka my senior project)

zircon

My senior project at Drexel University was the design, recording, editing, production, marketing and sale of a sample library. I settled on the idea of a vintage drum sample library in particular, since, well, I love phat beats and I use old drum samples all the time. Why not make new recordings of old-school sounds through old-school gear? So, after nearly a whole school year's worth of work, ludicrous amounts of time spent in REAPER, Wavelab, and Kontakt, plus a hefty investment into studio time, the library is just about released.

It's called "Groove Bias: Vintage Drum Sounds". Props to Kanthos for the title - neither bustatunez/Will nor myself could think of one (the two of us comprise Impact Soundworks, the company releasing the library.)

The samples were made in Kontakt 2 but I've also done patches for Logic's EXS-24, Reason's NN-XT, and Steinberg's Halion 3. This is the biggest project I've ever done by myself, pretty much, and I'm VERY proud of it. Sixto, SnappleMan and Harmony all helped test the library (among others.) Harmony and Virt are doing demos for it, too!

Anyway, I have an OCR-only preorder going on right now which you can find in the Workshop forum and the thread below.

http://www.ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23125

I gotta say, Drexel is an awesome place for having a degree like Music Industry that allowed me to do this and actually get credit for it. :)