*NO* Raptor 'The Casualties of War'

djpretzel

URL: http://www.geocities.com/reaction4e/Raptor_The_Casualties_of_War_OC_ReMix.mp3

Song Name: The Casualties of War

Original Game Name: Raptor: Call of the Shadows

Original Song Title in game: Raptor Level 2

Email: the_orichalcon@hotmail.com

Description: This piece was my favourite in Raptor. It was a very heartwarming piece, however I found that the drums took attention away from the song, and it wasn't intense enough, so I redid it with stronger instruments and without the drumbeat, you can judge whether you think it needs it or not.

Note: If the link doesn't work, visit my site www.orichalcon.co.nr and download it from the link there.

Ta,

TO

Not much has been added here. I think that the addition of drums would add the 'hardship' element to it (in the context of war). Leaving the drums out just leaves the sadness element to it.

That aside, this mix is very short and doesn't develop, more more more! And you could have at least faded it out.

Nice choice of song to remix, but work on this some more and then resubmit.

NO

this is very, very simplistic. if you're going to go without drums then you've got to make the other parts more interesting. like some harmonic variation, contrary motion, dynamics! everything is played so straight and lifelessly. this doesn't really offer the listener much more than a mood, but 1:50 of a single mood isn't enough to keep the listener from skipping to the next track in their playlist.

no

This is very catchy and shows promise. But like many mixes that come to us, the execution and production here is very lacking. For one, everything sounds centered and mono. Use panning to spread out the instruments!

I really like the concept of this and the pure enjoyability of the tune. This needs more work, this really does sound like a work in progress. Work on adding more elements to the mix. It's a simple beginning with a lot of promise. The ending is also a let down. I hope you work on this more.

NO