*NO* Resident Evil 2 'No Time for Tears'

djpretzel

I'm on the other end of the spectrum. I think there's too much reverb on the piano. It's not a major detraction. The overall production and vibe of this mix is wonderful. The moody tone of the piano against the lead paints quite a dramatic scene. Percussion work throughout is both fitting and unique. It's always great to see someone not doing generic four on the floor drums with trance claps.

I think the mix is slightly drawn out and does give off a hint of repetitivity. This would have been nicer if it were slightly shorter. Classy mix, so

YES

I honestly felt it lost the moodiness as soon as the first drum came in. The drums are so incredibly dry. No reverb, nothing. Just spat spat spat. Then there's repeating bad chord at :54 and 1:09, etc. The mixing of the melody with the accompaniament seems to be having similar tonality problems. That and the whole thing seems like a downgrade in quality from the original. Actually, I don't know that. I haven't heard the original, but if it's from any of the newer systems, it seems my statement would stand, considering the audio capabilities of the newer systems.

Anyway, that's my take:

NO

D

This mix is quite flooded. The strings, lead, and background guitar notes, along with the reverb upon them create this flood of sound that really hurts this song.

This song needs to have more concentration on audio quality. Release on the instruments need to be held back a bit as well. Indeed there is a bad chord at 1:00 and it extends into the rest of the track.

Finally, this song needs to repeat less and provide more .

NO

I do agree that the mix here seems too muddied. You have an instrument in the upper register that seems to just repeat two notes throughout most of the piece- aside from cluttering up the sound those suspended notes also create quite a few dissonances.

And it's a shame, because aside from the cluttered sound I rather like this- but it could be so much better with just a little tweaking.

NO