Best value in ear/headphones

Black Mage

Dude for $100 you can get sennheiser HD555s or ATH-AD700s both of which are open. ATH-A700s are the closed version.

Its not just noise leakage btw, open headphones don't fatigue the ear as much for lack of air circulation and don't have quite the emphasis on bass but better overall balance.

[edit]

Who changed the sonic avatar? He's supposed to have green eyes in the older games.

Thanks for the suggestions Shadowe!

I ran across the 555s yesterday, but had trouble finding in-depth reviews and comparisons. Do you have a preference given those and the ATH-AD700s? I'm looking for the best sound I can get for the money. It's also worth mentioning that the headphones I purchase will mainly be used with an iPod, so they'll need to be able to manage power well without needing an amp of some sort.

[edit]

One other thing: bass may actually be a beneficial factor as the music I will primarily listen to is artists such as Nine Inch Nails. If you've listened to them, you would know that powerful sound is a must. So I'm also very alright with closed headphones.

It's really a toss-up. I just want accommodating amounts of bass with clean sound, not extremely hyped sound.