Where to put my music?

P. Eckman

Over a couple of years, I've written a few (original) songs, and I want people to hear them, but where should I put them? I know there is an original music forum on this site, but I don't know where to put music so people on that forum to listen to it. One thought I had was to submit my songs to the Newgrounds audio portal, but the submission agreement says when I click "submit" I agree I'm 18 (I'm only 17.) This is made more confusing by the fact that some users listed as under 18 have posted music there.I would post a question on their forum but I don't want to join it unless I can submit music. So basically, can anyone point me to any places to get my music out there, or help me understand the deal with Newgrounds, please?

This is the internet. People don't read submission terms... even tho they should. ;)

If you put something on the net, you do that to show it to people. Of course there are juvenile ppl who are looking for music to claim as theirs and make money on it, but most of the time it's just random kids that do it, and the online music communities have their own ways of dealing with plagiarism. Newgrounds, for example, have "whistles".

Txai is right about fileupyours, tho, and a lot of hosts don't link to uploads from anywhere, leaving that to you so you can control where it's shared.

If you post your work here, you've got a large established music community to back you up if someone claims one of your songs as theirs. granted, this mostly applies to when random people on the net claim an ocremix track as their own, but it easily extends to supporting friends and fellow community members.

Of course, if you make vgm remixes, you won't have to worry about the big legal issues, just random ppl posting your work under their name on newgrounds or youtube, and both sites have ways to deal with that.

Txai already pointed you in the direction of the hosting thread, and ocremix has two Feedback forums for vgm remixes and other music, respectively. Feel free to post your work there.

Additionally, if you upload your music up on other sites as well, you'll have some proof for when someone uploads one of your songs on those sites as theirs.