Mining Melancholy Remix - Proper Link

ChironX

I apologize that the link I posted earlier was a bad link. Just got done with two sections of my Mining Melancholy remix. It's the song from the mine stages in Donkey Kong Country 2. I've posted it here and would like to know what you guys think of the basic arrangement? I'm debating whether I should stick with this or go with a sparer arrangement (staccato, gated sounds, etc.) Love it or hate it, let me know what you think.

First off, I like a source, so that I know what I'm comparing to.

Secondly, I can tell you what I think about 37 seconds, but there's not a lot to critique or that I can get from it.

It's neat sounds so far. Very techno-esque. It feels kinda like you borrow from a midi pretty heavily even though this is so original; all the pieces fall into the same places if you were to line it up with a midi. I'd say work on progression and have a definite introduction idea, main idea + changes, and closing idea.

I know this source, was considering to remix it myself a while back.

The style you're going for isn't gonna work with the current arrangement. Starting from the B bit is fine, I'm talking about the other stuff. Rhythmically it's too similar to the source to work on ocr, and aside from moving the parts around, it sounds like a midi rip, ie. not very creative.

hewo's right, you need to work on the progression. Actually, if you get a good progression for it, the current writing and arrangement might work. The mixing is also kind'a exposed and wide, some EQ separation to clean it up is necessary, but it's a later concern.

edit: Oh and hey, there is an edit button. Use it. Don't make new threads for new links. :)