Lingering Memories

zikon

I like the melody. The piano sounds lovely and seems to be mixed just right. Now the drum beat could use a little sprucing up. Its too repetitive and bland. It also could use a little tweaking on the EQ, maybe just a tad higher on the highs.

Ok, now the vocals aren't terrible and were actually sounding pretty decent until 1:37 or so til about 2:04. It sounds like you might be a little off key or something, but i think its cause your singing that part a lot quieter than you need to. Maybe there's people in your house and you don't want them to hear you sing! ;) Also, in some parts, especially the beginning there's too much air going into the microphone. This can be solved by several things. Either move about a farther away from the microphone and just up the volume after its recorded, or get one of those microphone filters for the microphone itself. It also it seems they are too overpowering once they come in. Maybe lower the overall volume and add some slight reverb and delay effects to them so they stand out more.

I think this has some serious potential. The melody is there, and once the drums are tweaked around with a bit this could be something great. You seem to have a pretty decent voice and doesn't need the whole electronic treatment as long as you spend some more time mixing the vocals properly.