*NO* Super Mario RPG 'Chillin' at Insane Asylum'

djpretzel

This is actually a lot like the original. The original song itself was already pretty jazzy, so making it like this didn't change a whole lot. Also, waaaaaaaay too much reverb. At times, it makes it sound more realistic, but at other times, it's just way too much. I suppose I would probably lighten it up on the drums a little bit, and maybe increase the amount on things like the piano. I like the trumpet work, although it isn't very complex or anything. This repeats a lot, too. Sample quality is decent enough, though.

Hmmm... I don't know. Adjust the reverb, work on adding in more soloing, since after all, this IS supposed to be Jazz, and Jazz emphasizes the individual musician moreso than the composer, so expression is what it's all about. This doesn't have a whole lot of expression.

NO

I was kind of disappointed to hear this after hearing some of Unknown's newer material. This just doesn't sound up to either our standards or where he's at now.

I pretty much will just agree with Beatdrop's comments on this as they sum up my feelings here. Daring attempt at a very complex genre though Unknown. I enjoyed many sections here, but some sections just sounded a bit too vanilla. I'm looking forward to hearing your newer mixes.

NO