First...19? Songs

ÆI.

Hey...

Here are my first...19 or 20 songs...well, the link only goes to the latest one, I'm sure you'll be able to find the rest if you want...

Everything was made using Magix Music Maker 14, which is good enough to suit my needs, although it lags a bit when I do anything too ambitious...which is to be expected, i suppose.

Feel free to comment on any song that's there...and help with mastering would be appreciated too..i'm beginning to experiment with the mastering window.

I'm not sure whether it's possible to download the songs, I haven't tried before...I'm pretty sure you can find the file in Temporary Internet Files, if you really want them.

I really, really miss my copy of Magix music studio - I only used the midi creator on it, but that was a top-notch midi studio (I had Magix 7, by the way). Those were the days... :cry:

Your working on your mixing, now? That's a good idea - the music itself is quite good (I only listened to the track 'Breaking' - I don't think many people will listen to every track, nor would that benefit you 'cause they don't represent your current progress - Breaking would be your latest, correct?). The orchestration is pretty good, too, although I'd look into using some more woodwinds (they're pretty awesome :-P) - everything else is pretty well balanced, so the woodwinds is more of a personal preference than an actual problem :).

The mixing, though, does sound like it needs a lot of work, and the instruments really need to sound more realistic than they do, if you want this mix to really shine. I don't know how the EQing in Magix works, but in many other DAWs you'll be able to work with an EQ for every instrument as well as an EQ that affects the entire song (the 'master' EQ). When tweeking the EQ pay special attention to the high end area - this song sounds muffled because there is a lack of highs. The lower-mids could also be turned down to give the music some room to breath, there. There isn't any clipping right now, but be careful with your EQing - it can cause clipping if your not careful.

As for the real instruments, you need to work with the velocities of the instruments so they don't all sound the same (the piano especially needs work, as it's uncharacteristic for a piano to have any two notes play at the exact same dynamic). The strings sound like they have far too much vibrato for too long throughout - lower the vibrato and don't have it start until about two beats into the notes. If it's the sample that is doing the vibrato, change it :).

Arrangementwise, it's very well crafted. The melodies are catchy and the harmonization works. When an instrument is playing the theme (like the horn does throughout the beginning(, you need to bring it out to the foreground better, as right now the piano and the strings drown it out. The melody is nice - it'd be great for the listener to be able to hear it better.

Nice music, though. If you want comments directed towards your mixing and such I actually suggest mixing a VG song and posting it in the WIP forums. It gets a lot more traffic than this forum does, so you'll have more people listening to it and critiquing it than you will in these forums. Just a suggestion, though - there's no harm in just writing originals and posting here, instead (hey, you got at least one reply :-P).

Welcome to OCR, by the way :).