Contact Information

* LunarHeartHeaven

* Names: Dan Johansen & Frank Johansen

* johansen_frank_dan@yahoo.com

* http://www.thedualdragons.com/

Submission Information

* Lost Odyssey

* Battlefield & A mighty enemy appears

* The name of the ReMake: A mighty enemy on the battlefield.

We thought the tunes had great potential of being made into Hard Rock. And since no one else had made it into a metal track, we thought it was a cool and original thing to do.

Link to source:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Lost Odyssey Original Soundtrack - (102) "Battlefield" & (124) "A Formidable Enemy Appears!"

Some of the drum tone was a little weak for the piece, which I always complain about, and the mixing could have been a bit cleaner.

But otherwise, this was pretty fun to listen to. Great energy and emotion conveyed in the arrangement, with some overall strong textures and dynamics. Nothing much to say other than nice work and welcome aboard! Good to see Frank in particular officially joint the OC ReMixer ranks after he contributed way back to Chrono Symphonic! Definitely looking forward to more from you guys!

YES

Damnit, stole my source D: Well well.. it IS an awesome source.

Nice intepretive take on the source, lots of energy here. Good melodic variation in the guitar lead together with the massive pseudo-orchestral backing. Really good arrangement with an ALMOST seamless transition between themes. Production was ace too even though, like Larry pointed out, the drum tone was a little bit weak but that was really minor.

Overall, this is great. Submit more. Stop stealing my sources though :tomatoface:

YES

Another great arrangement from you guys. I think I liked this one even more than your FFVIII sub. While the mixing is still cluttered and sometimes unbalanced, the soloing is crazy and the energetic writing is excellent. More importantly, you can hear everything in here so I don't have the same problem with this as your last sub.

I still think you should spend more time on the mixing and getting levels more even, because there are some weird transitions here, where the volume drops out more than I expect it to. I ain't gonna say NO to this though.

YES

Excellent guitar playing and tone- as well as great textures throughout. As the previous judges mentioned, things could stand to be spatially separated a little bit better, but I know how much of a pain it can be to get the right balance with this style of track. It's not completely pristine, but it's better than a lot of arrange albums I've heard; definitely over the bar.

Arrangement is sweet, and really, the transitions between themes is super smooth. If I wasn't as familiar with the source, I don't think i'd have noticed that it was 2 songs. Great variation on textures and instrumentation, and switching the guitar from leads to rhythms throughout was well handled. Samples were great, and there was even some killer synthing near the end. This kindof stuff is my favorite.

The only thing that struck me as weaksauce was the ending. It sounded way tacked on. Nothing to cry about, after having the stuffing rocked out of me for the past 5 minutes. Awesome work, gents!

yes