original game track by yours truly

HoboKa

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, original game music. Quick question - why is the low fi on purpose? I can't think of a reason to make something low fi unless there are some limitations with a tracker or such, or if heavy compression is needed to fit the file in the game.

Anyhow...

Yes, if it needs to be low fi for one reason or another, the hats and cymbals can be taken down a bit to match the rest of the game, I agree. You know that though :P.

What is that choir/guitar combo sample you use? It just sounds funny together like that - I'd suggest something like a Saw or something if this is low fi. I like the background textures, though - they're nice.

There's no real melody in there until about halfway into the song - it sounds like it meanders a bit too much for me (in the second half of the song it sounds fine, though). Even if there is no intention to add a melody making the instruments sound a little more smooth and coherent will help.

What game are you developing this for? It sounds neat, so far :). Tis' a shame people don't check these boards more often - originals need feedback too :puppyeyes:.