*NO* Perfect Dark 'In the Not Too Distant Future'

djpretzel

i dont know...

my first impression was that this would be more interesting if i were tripping.

but then again, i cant think of anything that wouldnt be more interesting if i were tripping. like my hands.

this is minimalist and moody...it takes a while to get started, but it really grabbed me after awhile. i think it has some things to offer, but i also think it could be longer, expanding more, and taking more time to cool down, but i also think what's here could be more compact.

i'm conflicted; i'm going to give this a YES for now, but i might change it later.

After several more listens I'm going to no this on the grounds that this just needs more. There's very little attention paid to the melody in my opinion. The first half of the mix feels like a lot of pads and sound fx. More layers and instrumentation along with the pads would help here. The intro is a bit cheesy with the delayed doots. Very solid second half of the mix. Needs a bit more work,

NO

Unfamiliar with the original so, away we go.

We don't have very many soundscapes. Cotmm pretty much has that market cornered along with a few other brave constituants. But on the whole, it's a niche genre we don't get that often.

No, I'm not voting on the grounds that, "Hey, we don't have polka music, I'll YES every polka song I gets!". But I am highlighting the fact that maybe expectations for what this song should be are in the wrong place. What I hear, I like, not really expecting a particular genre either way. And on those grounds, I vote YES

Who knows what or where the original is in this smorgasbord of sounds.

This is more of a slapstick soundfx collage than an arrangement.

I like the doots, I like the Front 242 percussion, but aside from the neato factor there's not much going for this mix. Tie the better sounds together, get rid of the superfluous ones (ambulance?), and sequence something cohesive and complete.

NO