Logic 9 is out

dude i am so sick of people saying daw wars - it comes with the territory naturally cause people get very accustomed a working environment and lot of it can be out of your hands with software - i was just curious what all the real hype is about fl's piano roll - and i'm still not seeing it

otherwise use whatever tool you like

Sorry Jay, but in your own post you listed several examples where Logic's piano roll is nothing like FL - ie. the inability to click and drag and note to move it, something that is extremely vital functionality, the fact that it forces you to use shortcuts to change tools when FL does it all in the mouse, the inability to have an eraser swath tool w/o switching keys, etc. It's not all "right there." I had to use Logic for four years and all I can say is that it might be my least favorite DAW; its piano roll is absolutely inefficient garbage in my opinion (and Jimmy agrees, from what I know!)

Show me a Logic piano roll that behaves exactly, and I mean EXACTLY like the FL piano roll and then I'll believe you. ;)

I'd love to have a contest with anyone who thinks they can *sequence* faster with Logic than FL. Seriously! I'm that confident that FL is faster than anything.

I see the velocity area underneath the piano roll - it looks pretty similar to FL but as I understand it I have to click on the velocity and then pull it down or up. I can't just click say 75% from the bottom of the pane and have it jump right to that spot. That's how FL does it and I know it sounds trivial but it is really weird and slow to not have that functionality.

Anyway, I'll try not to keep the "DAW war" going and just ask: how can I have my 3 mouse tools stay the same when I open a project? I keep having to switch them back.

Yeah, the velocity editing is a million times better as well, IMO. I can just smoothly right click and drag - WITHOUT changing tools - to easily set all of my velocities however I want. I can simply "paint" them. No need to select all the notes or any nonsense like that.

oh we got that - it's called the hyper editor

yeah andy - idk man - there's no point getting into it - you like your thing - i'm happy with mine - but logic does have all that functionality - maybe the layout is dif and you can work faster - but i'm pretty happy - no reason to steer people away from good software

but if you want a make a vid and show me what i'm missing - i'll be glad to watch