'dragon roost island' arranged for piano and melodica.

hello people,

i recently uploaded a video to youtube, of me playing the 'dragon roost island' theme from 'zelda: the wind waker'. i played a digital piano and a melodica live over a drum loop, and changed the melody and arrangement to some extent.

hopefully at least someone will enjoy this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7YAf7wEvR8

have a great summer everybody!

anders.

I did enjoy the mix, and the video was pretty funny, but I'm going to be honest with you here: ditch the melodica and the drum loop, find some friends to play acoustic guitar, violin, and bongos for you, and submit your mix to this site. As you know, it's hard to mess this particular song up - it's already brilliant. But put your spin on it, use intonation and feeling in your playing (as you did with the piano but which was all but impossible with the melodica), and possibly slow it down in the middle without the drums for some original writing with the piano and violin. The end result could very well be amazing.

You're a talented pianist, so there's no reason you can't do this! Go! :mrgreen:

I did enjoy the mix, and the video was pretty funny, but I'm going to be honest with you here: ditch the melodica and the drum loop, find some friends to play acoustic guitar, violin, and bongos for you, and submit your mix to this site. As you know, it's hard to mess this particular song up - it's already brilliant. But put your spin on it, use intonation and feeling in your playing (as you did with the piano but which was all but impossible with the melodica), and possibly slow it down in the middle without the drums for some original writing with the piano and violin. The end result could very well be amazing.

You're a talented pianist, so there's no reason you can't do this! Go! :mrgreen:

WHOA SLOW DOWN THERE MAN

HE can't submit this with a simple change of instruments.

... Okay maybe he can.

But it's only 2:06! He should expand it some more. Why submit a GOOD version when he can make a BETTER version?

Actually, being honest, I enjoyed this (and this isn't usually my kinda thing). I do agree with Progressive though- however it's mostly the drumloop thing I'd rather see changed. Seems pointless to talk about production and that lot, especially now. Anyway, I enjoyed it dude. ^___^

EDIT: I agree with Neblixsaber too. ^o^

Actually, being honest, I enjoyed this (and this isn't usually my kinda thing). I do agree with Progressive though- however it's mostly the drumloop thing I'd rather see changed. Seems pointless to talk about production and that lot, especially now. Anyway, I enjoyed it dude. ^___^

Don't you agree with me :(

Haha just kidding.

However he doesn't have to get a real person for a violin, just find a better sample for it. Same for other instruments.